Adult Learning Programs (ALPs)
ALPs Programs for This Spring
Curiosity is Forever
QUUF’s ALPs Committee delivers educational programs for creative, cultural, physical, intellectual and spiritual growth for adults within the Fellowship and the community at large.
ALPs programs are offered in two semesters a year. Program types include reading circles, field trips, visiting scholars, classes, workshops, and issue forums. Program leaders are drawn from the Fellowship and from communities near and far. The ALPs committee seeks to provide an eclectic balance of programming:
- Belief Systems, including theology, spirituality, personal values, chanting, and meditation.
- Academic Offerings, such as geology, politics, poetry appreciation, emerging brain research, health, and population.
- Enhancing Creativity, through painting, writing, theatre, crafts, and instrumental and vocal music. Field Trips, exploring our natural world, local cultures, artistic performances, and civic & governmental organizations.
- Field Trips, exploring our natural work, local cultures, artistic performances, and civic & governmental organizations.
- Lifestyle Choices/Challenges, considering food & energy sustainability, alternative economic systems, and living in community.
- Physical Activities, through yoga, dance, cycling, building, and gardening.
Most ALPs programs take place at QUUF, though we organize field trips to outlying destinations. QUUF facilities are fully accessible, and programs in the Sanctuary, Foyer, and Fellowship Hall are hearing assisted.
To learn what events are happening on a particular day, click on the QUUF Calendar.
If you would like to offer a program at QUUF, volunteer to help with programs, or just learn more about our activities, download and complete this Course Proposal Form.
Questions: contact ALPs Co-Chairs: